Converting Stock Mods
This short tutorial will explain the basics on how to convert any Armada II modifications into Fleet Operations, using Blade's Armada II Classic Modification as a base. The Armada II Classic Mod brings all Armada II features into Fleet Operations (essentially making stock Armada II a modification in Fleet Operations, via the Mod Settings menu), thus creating a base with all the features necessary for an Armada II mod to function.
To make use of the following instructions, you will first need to download the Armada II Classic mod and extract it to your Fleet Operations mods directory. If a mods directory is not present, make one: Path: Fleet Operations\Data\Mods
1) Make a new folder for the mod in question in the mods directory for Fleet Operations.
2) Move all textures from textures\rgb and place them in the textures folder for the new mod: Path: Fleet Operations\Data\Mods\your_mod\textures
3) Delete the modification's label.map file.
4) In the misc folder for the modification, open gui_interface.cfg and add this to the top of the page:
#include "gui_interface.cfg" //This way it includes the Armada II entries, in addition to the necessary Fleet Operations entries
5) Now find gui_glob16X12.cfg in the same folder and place this on top of its page:
#include "gui_glob16x12.cfg" //This way it includes the Armada II entries, in addition to the necessary Fleet Operations entries
6) Make an info.ini in your new mods root directory and include the following (edit where needed):
Description=my mega mod
For more information, see making a Modification Module.